Care Assistant – upto £18 per hour
The Community Care Assistant role combines both personal and domestic care duties with the objective of helping our clients take care of themselves at home and, wherever possible, restoring them to full independence.
Many of our service users are elderly and may have one or more of the following: learning disability, mental health issues, physical disability, sensory impairment, or dementia, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease etc.
Community Carers need to be able to work in an unsupervised situation and be prepared to give attention to the needs of the client as well as the performance of practical tasks.
Working hours are based on a 2-week rota. Full-time employees are required to work alternate weekends and a minimum of two evenings in the week.
Part-time employees are required to be available for evenings and weekend working.
Previous care experience is desirable but not essential, as OPC will deliver a comprehensive induction and work shadowing programme for all carers that join us.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to communicate effectively
- Good written communication skills for recording information clearly and concisely
- Ability to travel with own transport to and work in a variety of different locations around Oxfordshire
- Able to work alone in a client’s home
- Flexible attitude hours to suit work shifts
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Friendly, positive and outgoing person
- Caring and reliable
- Punctual and organised