Response Care Assistant
The Response Care Assistant role will combine both personal and domestic care duties with the objective of maintaining people at home and wherever possible, to restore them to full independence.
Response Care Assistant must therefore be prepared to work in an unsupervised situation and be prepared to give attention to the needs of the client as well as the performance of practical tasks.
The Response Care Assistant will work a regular shift pattern and will cover work in all Oxford Private Care Ltd areas – including but not limited to Oxford City, Cowley, Botley, Abingdon, Kennington, Headington, Didcot, Wallingford, Faringdon, Wantage, Witney and Carterton.
Working pattern will be between 7am-2pm and 4pm to 10pm on a rota basis. The rota is either 4 days on 4 days off, or 2 days on 2 days off.
On any working you must be ready to leave by 6.30am to ensure that you can start delivering care at 7am. You must remain available at short notice for any time during 7am and 10pm
Where you are not allocated any work or called out in the morning of a working day you must be at the OPC office by 9.30am to assist with client and office administration.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of domiciliary care obtained in paid employment
- Clear, fluent English speaker
- Good written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to work in different areas
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Friendly, positive and outgoing person
- Caring and reliable
- Good time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Methodical and systematic approach to work
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Team player with a flexible attitude